Feel like You Are Climbing a Mountain?

Conquer the Affiliate Marketing Mountain

Do you find that it is difficult to stay motivated while working to grow your online business?  I know what that feels like.  Working on something which you know has huge potential, but which isn’t producing instant results, can be hard.

Part of the challenge with starting a home based online business can be keeping motivated to push through when it’s not going as well as anticipated check this link right here now.  Perhaps your marketing is not achieving the results you would like. Perhaps you are getting traffic but it’s not converting into sales.

I have personally had days when I’ve sat at my keyboard and – BAM! Writer’s block!  Frustrating, and debilitating.  In that moment you can very easily let yourself believe that it’s not going to work.  I received a very good piece of advice when I was going through my divorce: “Don’t make a big decision when you are having the worst day of your life”.  Those sage words have kept me from making hasty decisions so many times!  It’s always wise to give yourself time to reflect more rationally on the situation, then make the decision.

Three helpful tips to staying motivated:

1. Do training EVERY DAY.  Use the resources available online to educate yourself.  Knowledge is power!
  2. Read something motivational at least once a day, but even better is EVERY MORNING and EVERY NIGHT.
  3. Engage in an income producing activity every single day.  This could be writing content, marketing strategies creating ebooks, video tutorials – the list is actually endless!

The best way to predict your future is to create it

Learning, growing, achieving

Learning, growing, achieving

If you take the three simple steps above every day, you will get through!

I love reading, and I love growing and learning.  I also love reading just for fun.  I don’t often have time to just sit back and read a nice enjoyable novel these days, but I do read all the time to grow and educate myself.

There is a wealth of information online about motivation, self-help, self improvement and so on.  There is a massive amount of content just on motivational quotes – ever wonder why that is? It’s because there is a need.  Some of it is amazing and some of it is not, but find what you are looking for that will help.

I’ve been working with the Wealthy Affiliate programme and have found their content and training to be amazing!  Have a look at my review of their programme here.

There is a host of other content out there to read and grow from.  These are my personal favourites:

I am also including some helpful content about building a solid foundation for your website.  These 7 simple steps will help you in a very real way!

10 Comments

• Netta September 28, 2016 at 9:10 am

Hey Claire:

It’s always a difficulty staying motivated. One thing that helps is keeping a daily list of stuff I DID and stuff that are done. I’ll make notes as well on what worked out okay, sometimes why but mostly how. Action words work well when I do the list. I did this…I did that…I did the other. This one worked okay but maybe it could be done better.

Rinse and repeat.

• claire winter September 28, 2016 at 9:59 am

Hey Netta, thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love your ideas and tips too, thanks so much for the input! I will be sure to add them to my daily tasks for staying motivated! To your success!

Claire

• Robert Allan September 28, 2016 at 9:11 am

Hi Claire
    I don’t know if we been in touch within wealthy affiliate or not.
    Nice to see you have been taking the training that will enable you to climb your own particular mountain to financial freedom.
    Most if not all the people who want this financial freedom do fall prey to the scammers/fraudsters and other so called experts and guru’s.
    It is a learning curve in itself to learn how to spot them but eventually you do become more internet saavy.
    As I said at the start we are both members of wealthy affiliate and we both know that this is the place to be for great training and 24/7, 365 days a year support no matter where you live in the world.
    Therefore to anyone else who lands on this site. Take heed of what Claire’s telling you.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel and that light is Wealthy Affiliate.
    To your continuing success Claire.
    I wish you well.
    Regards
    Robert Allan

• claire winter September 28, 2016 at 9:57 am

Hey Robert, nice to meet you! 🙂 Thanks for your thoughts on this. I am most definitely grateful to be a part of Wealthy Affiliate. It’s the best resource I have come across in 15 years of searching.

• Mara September 28, 2016 at 11:43 am

I loved your piece of advice in their about not rushing into decisions when you are having a bad day. I agree it can be easy to do do something rash when you don’t think things are going well. It’s a good idea to have faith in what you’re doing, even if results aren’t instant. Sometimes it can take time to get worthwhile results. What is your favorite motivational saying for the morning? I’m not a morning person, so could do with something to get me inspired early in the day.

• claire winter September 28, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Hi Mara, my favourite “any time of the day” motivation at the moment is one from Thomas Edison – “I haven’t failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” This keeps me going no matter what. Another motivation from my dad, which helps particularly when I’m feeling like it’s an impossible situation is “Start by doing what’s the necessary, then do what’s possible, and soon you’ll be doing the impossible.” Thank you for popping by Mara – may you soon be doing the impossible!

Warm regards,

Claire

• Andrew G September 28, 2016 at 12:45 pm

This is really and sincerely a cool post because it highlights the problem, sympathizes with that problem with empathy, and gives a solid, not easy solution. People want quick and easy, but its not that way. I really enjoyed those recommendation and yes it feels like climbing a mountain when you are working digently with not results yet..

• claire winter September 29, 2016 at 8:36 am

Thanks Andrew, yes it can feel like a mountain, but I’ve never been more determined to conquer the affiliate marketing one as I am now, and those daily exercises help a huge amount! Affiliate marketing is an incredible opportunity with the right support, and I have found that with WA.:-)

• Kenny Lee September 28, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Reading this really gives me the positive boost that I need. I was about to rush into a few reckless decision and hey, I thought why don’t I think it through tomorrow. It’s one thing to know that emotional decision are not the best but sometimes it’s hard when it comes to action. Thanks and keep it up.

• claire winter September 29, 2016 at 8:38 am

Hey Kenny I SO get that! Thanks for reading the post and all the best on your journey. I wish you every success!